Monday, April 30, 2007

me my vista and i... part 1

I'm proud to say that i'm a proud owner of an Original Windows Vista (on my new laptop(w/c till now i dont deserve for not graduation)) though Beryl will beat the crap out of it soon. (GO LINUX)... I havent used it that much coz i still stick with my desktop using Windows XP (don't ask me if its an original or pirated. hehehe) im still ok with it. Vista's very big and needs a lot of memory but i like the aero so much and office live 07. by the way it's home premium. Vista comes with two mechanisms that effectively reduce the time required to launch popular applications: SuperFetch analyzes your behavior and proactively puts applications into available main memory, so they can be launched quicker. Of course this requires as much main memory as possible, which is where the second feature engages: ReadyBoost allows expanding the main memory size by plugging in a USB 2.0 Flash drive. Although the data transfer performance of USB 2.0 devices cannot compete with modern hard drives, access times for Flash memory are literally nonexistent, making these devices a nice and particularly cheap choice. The key feature of the Premium edition is the Windows Media Center. You will also notice that the specification for this edition includes a mention of the Aero Graphics interface.Nice... I hope this will help u.

No comments: